We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Route

Johannesburg, South...
1 post
Save Topic
Garden Route

I am Planning to take the garden route in April 2011, I will be driving from JHB and I have 10 days to use on the trip. How best can I plan the trip and any recommendation on places to stay? 2 Adults and 2 kids (8 yrs and 2yrs) Budget of R20 000

2 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Route

Has anyone taken a bus from George or Wilderness back to Cape Town? We thought about taking the TransLux or Intercape rather than flying in hopes we get to see more of the country. If it is not very exciting or too lenghthy of a bus ride we will probably just fly back. Any advise or comment is appreciated. This is our second visit to South Africa in March but we missed the Garden Route the first time. Thanks.

George, South Africa
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Route

Hi Maanda

As it seems like you are from SA, you probably know that there is not much really on route from JNB to the Garden Route.

Once you have reached Oudthoorn, then there is much more to d/see.

As you say you have a budget of R20 000, why not fly from JNB to PE, rent a car, and then drive from PE to say Mosselbay incl Oudshoorn?

You can then split your time between PE, Jeffrey's or St Francis Bay/Natures Valley/Plett/Knysna/Oudtshoorn and Mosselbay...

Reply to: Garden Route
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wilderness