We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

PERTH,WESTERN...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

We are visiting Botswana in July and thinking of staying at this lodge. Has anyone stayed there and can give us some idea of what to expect and value for money with that accomodation . Thank you. Also any other recommendations for that area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

Hello Evelyn,

You've accidentally posted to the South Africa board rather than Botswana -- you may want to re-post to the Tuli Block section of the Botswana board.

I've travelled a lot on Botswana but am not personally familiar with this lodge. I do know the area, however (the Tuli Block) and can definitely recommend Mashatu in the same area -- this is a great place and offers very good value for money.

http://www.mashatu.com

Cheers,

Julian

bdk
SA
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

This is not an expensive lodge and offers good value. However, don't expect to see the big 5. For how long are you coming? I would spend 3 nights max at this lodge, for a nice quiet, wilderness experience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

Hello,

While it's true that this isn't really a prime game-viewing area in the same way the Delta or the Linyanti are, you can see quite a bit of wildlife there (especially ellies). If you stay at Mashatu they also have a predator research program which enables you to track radio-collared big cats.

Personally, I'd combine some time here with time in another area with superb game-viewing, like the Sabi Sands or the Delta. One thing to note is that this area is actually much easier to access from South Africa than it is to access from Botswana -- you can drive across the border from Joburg.

Cheers,

Julian

PERTH,WESTERN...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

Thanks so much for your replies. I will forward them on to my friend who is doing our bookings. We will be staying with her in Botswana and plan to visit a number of regions, going also into Zambia. The other places she has already visited, but had heard mixed ideas on Limpopo - guess it all depends what you are looking for. Like the idea of quiet place, does not have to be teeming with wildlife, as we will see elsewhere.

Once again - thank you for the advice. Trip advisor is such a great research tool, with people taking the time to help someone else.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

Glad to be of help! Where else do you plan to visit in Botswana?

Cheers,

Julian

PERTH,WESTERN...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

Hi Julian

We will be having a month in Botswana, travelling to Vic Falls , staying at Zambezi Sun, also going to Chobe and staying at Kubu Lodge.

Will be based at Francistown, so planning works around school and work commitments for our friends.

Sure there is lots to see and do, plus lots of family time and just simple pleasures.

Thanks again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

Hello,

Sounds like a fun trip! While you're in Francistown you may want to stop by the animal orphanage run by Uncharted Africa -- they take care of and rehabilitate injured animals.

Cheers,

Julian

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

Hello,

Sounds like a fun trip! While you're in Francistown you may want to stop by the animal orphanage run by Uncharted Africa -- they take care of and rehabilitate injured animals.

Cheers,

Julian

9. Re: Limpopo River Lodge Botswana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Limpopo Province