We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Durban area

Which Ballito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Caribbean dreaming!
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Activities in Durban area

What are the best activites to do on a 3 night stay? I am looking to visit at the begining of Sept.

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in Durban area

Durban itself has the city waterfront, great shopping malls, restaurants and the Ushaka Sea World (biggest aquarium in the southern hemisphere).

The North and South Coast of Kwazulu Natal has excellent beaches (great for watersports).

If you want to drive a bit, visit the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Park (the largest park in Kwazulu Natal). It's about 200-250km from Durban.

You can also visit the Drakensberg - a magnificent mountain range. It's a World Heritage site which offers a range of activities - hiking, rock climbing, fishing, horse riding, balooning. It's about 180km from Durban.

There is lots to do in and around Durban and 3 nights isn't even enough ;)

Enjoy!

Doro :)

Caribbean dreaming!
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in Durban area

Balooning? That sounds nice. How much and where could I do this?

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities in Durban area

This is one page I found:

drakensberg-tourism.com/airborne-adventures.…

Best thing is to enquire for rates and if the time you want to visit is suitable for ballooning.

4. Re: Activities in Durban area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Ballito