We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM's at lodges

Which Hoedspruit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London Ontario
Level Contributor
570 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ATM's at lodges

As we are doing our safaris the last four nights of our trip, I'm just wondering if it is best to get money for tipping, etc before we leave Cape Town. Am I assuming correctly that the lodges will have no ATM machines?

I was thinking of getting all of our tipping money before we leave home and having it in envelopes. Won't have to worry about it that way.

Any thoughts?

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM's at lodges

Yes, most safari lodges don't have ATM machines. Best to draw the cash you need in Cape Town before going on safari.

Your idea of putting all your tipping money in envelopes sounds practical, but it also sounds like you will decide before you get there how much you want to tip. Personally, I prefer to see the service before deciding how much to tip, and I think a tip should reflect the quality of service you experienced.

London Ontario
Level Contributor
570 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM's at lodges

Thanks wild-wings.

After reading a lot on the forums, I have a general idea of what the tipping will be. I'll set it aside and then move it up or down accordingly!

3. Re: ATM's at lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 08:59
Get answers to your questions about Hoedspruit