We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on a self drive from KNP Hoedspruit to KZN St. Lucia

Which Hoedspruit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sherkston, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on a self drive from KNP Hoedspruit to KZN St. Lucia

This April plan we on leaving Hoedspruit area to travel to KZN - have posted prior and been advised to travel through Swaziland to get there because the main road through SA is under construction. We only want to travel 4 - 5 hours with a stopover and only drive during day light hours.

Has anyone one done this lately and could advise what route to take - any link? and what to avoid and whatever advice please?

With one overnight in Swazi is it realistic to leave Hoedspruit area and be in Swaziland durng the daylight hours? Then leave Swazi area and be in the St. Lucia area?

What boarders in Swazi do we use getting into and out of?

Please advise as I can't find alot of info on travelling this route.

Thanks for any advice!

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on a self drive from KNP Hoedspruit to KZN St. Lucia

Hi WBB,

You can check out these threads for some ideas:

tripadvisor.com/…37303995

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293740-i9186-k483…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312618-i9872-k393…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312618-i9872-k196…

I hope these will help. If you have any more specific questions or anything you're unsure of, you're welcome to ask (some of these posts have got differing info).

2. Re: Advice on a self drive from KNP Hoedspruit to KZN St. Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Hoedspruit