We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arathusa or Nkhoro-must make booking tomorrow

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Arathusa or Nkhoro-must make booking tomorrow

I don't know if I can get alternative dates at Elephant Plains in June. If I can stretch my budget (and if they are available) which should I choose - Arathusa or Nkhoro 2adults + 15 & 13yr olds.

We want to see a variety of game but cats are a favourite.

If I can get the rondavels at Ele Plains I will have to rebook flight. I will have to have my air tickets issued next week so must be sure that the game park things are sorted first.

Would Elephant Plains still be your 1st choice of these 3 for affordable Sabi Sands.

What do you suggest. Most rest camps are also fully booked in Kruger for Jun/Jul. Thanks

Limpopo, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arathusa or Nkhoro-must make booking tomorrow

Hi there

Elephant Plains would be my first choice yes, even in the "standard" accommodation. It really is a great lodge, with excellent service and cuisine and a beauty therapist and spa on site.

Excellent sightings of leopard around Ele Plains and Arathusa (which are close to each other), although you should also see these if at Nkorho. (My 2nd choice.) Nkorho has a great viewing/pool deck overlooking a waterhole where a lot of plains game are often seen.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arathusa or Nkhoro-must make booking tomorrow

Thanks so much for the feedback. I managed to rearrange my flights and itinerary so that I have now booked Elephant Plains and Gomo Gomo. Not my preferred dates but at least we are booked and it is in our budget so really looking forward to our visit.

Limpopo, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arathusa or Nkhoro-must make booking tomorrow

Hope you are in the tents at Gomo Gomo? THey are great!

4. Re: Arathusa or Nkhoro-must make booking tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park