We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger Park - 2 Younger Guys - $1,000 a night - Luxury?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kruger Park - 2 Younger Guys - $1,000 a night - Luxury?

So like most people, I'm finding the choices in Kruger a bit overwhelming. We (late 20's/early 30's) are planning a trip for December 2008 and want to do 3 nights for an all-inclusive safari.

Our first choice was Singita-Lebombo as we love modern accomodations, but its cost is now up to 17,700 rand per night (for 2) or about $2,500 per night, which is above our budget.

Like I said, we like uncluttered, modern, but as luxury as we can afford...so we are starting our hunt for the right place over again. Also, we'd like to find a place we can fly to rather than having to rent a car and drive 5 hours to get to.

With a budget of about 7,000 rand per night (give or take 500), does anyone have any suggestions? Here are some of my thoughts thus far that fit at least the price criteria:

1. The Outpost (very slick and modern) 5,600 rand

2. Ngala Tented Safari Camp (luxury tents) 7,130 rand

3. Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp 7,600 rand

4. Notten's Bush Camp 6,200 rand

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger Park - 2 Younger Guys - $1,000 a night - Luxury?

Hello,

If you want uncluttered and modern The Outpost is easily the best bet of the ones you've listed -- the others are all much more traditional safari style. However, the area in the northern part of Kruger where The Outpost is located is definitely not as game-rich as the areas further south where the other camps are located, so you may need to choose between aesthetics and animals.

Djuma Vuyatela also has a modern look, but it's more of a funky modern look rather than a sleek one, and it may be out of your budget.

Cheers,

Julian

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger Park - 2 Younger Guys - $1,000 a night - Luxury?

We stayed at Elephant Plains in Sabi Sands Private Reserve and Honeyguide Mantobeni in Manyeleti Private Reserve.

See my trip reports, parts I, II, III and IV for reports on those two lodges. Also check out their websites.

3. Re: Kruger Park - 2 Younger Guys - $1,000 a night - Luxury?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 07:19