We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari with kids - July - weather

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Safari with kids - July - weather

Hi,

We are going on a safari in July with our kids (youngest is 12) and I was wondering if someone could advise about weather and especialy what to wear for morning and evening drives in the open cars.

I've looked at the weather averages which are 12-16 C. Do I need to bring full winter outfit (coats, gloves etc)?

Thanks,

Gal

South Africa
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari with kids - July - weather

Hi,

It is winter season and it can get very chilly in the early mornings and evenings. On the game drives they usually provide the guests with blankets.

I will advise you to bring a coat with you and a beanie for your ears.

Enjoy your trip

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,387 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari with kids - July - weather

We did safaris at Phinda and Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park in KwaZulu-Natal in July 2007. Blankets were provided for the game drives, so our lower bodies were toasty warm. We wore fleece jackets (not our heavy ski jackets) and knit caps to keep our upper bodies/heads warm, but no gloves as that interfered with taking photos. For the morning drives, you will proabably be able to take off the hats and unzip the jackets about halfway through the drive because it does get sunny and warm.

3. Re: Safari with kids - July - weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 08:20