We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger - Private Concessions

MICHIGAN
6 posts
Save Topic
Kruger - Private Concessions

My husband and I will be staying in Sabi Sands for a week in August. We would also like to do a 4/5 day self drive in Kruger. Any suggestions for really unique or great private concessions.

Bristol U.K
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger - Private Concessions

All the concessions are great in Sabi Sands. Depends on how fancy a lodge you would like basically. If you want luxury apparently the Lion camps are amazing. Somehow to me tho, decadent luxury and the bush just dont jell! Nottens, where we are staying again this year is laid back, freindly and reasonable.

Apparently at Ulusaba you can see lights and hear traffic noise!

I have heard good things from American Sabi Sands veterans that we met, about Inyati.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger - Private Concessions

Hello,

In terms of the most exclusive game-viewing (few other vehicles, no queues) Londolozi, Singita, and Mala Mala are your best options.

All of the private reserves will have professional rangers and trackers and will do game drives off-road and at night, which you won't be able to do in Kruger.

If you have a week, I'd recommend combining the Sabi Sands with another reserve in a contrasting environment, such as Phinda, rather than spending all seven days in the Sabi Sands. Some people recommend two lodges in the Sabi Sands, but IMO this doens't make much sense unless the style of your accommodations is an overriding factor and you just want to check out the architecture at another lodge -- the terrain will be much the same.

Cheers,

Julian

(Timeless Africa)

3. Re: Kruger - Private Concessions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 19:17