We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger Safari in Oct help!

London
7 posts
Save Topic
Kruger Safari in Oct help!

Travelling to South africa for a month from 20th Oct to 20 th Nov. Would be very greatful for any information about travelling around and safari in Kruger Park.

I fly into Cape Town and oout of Jo'Berg. I will not be driving therefore what is the best way to travl the Garden route and get to Kruger. I would like to do a 3/4 day Safari. Do I need to book it before I arrive in South Africa or should I wait till I arrive. Also I would be grateful if you could tell me how much a Safari would cost? (approx)

Any information would be gratefully received.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger Safari in Oct help!

To get from the Garden Route to Kruger, your best option would be to fly from Port Elizabeth to KMIA near to Nelspruit (MQP). You will be traveling during our safari high season, and many of the good lodges are already showing very limited availabilities, so I would really recommend that you book your safari as soon as possible. Re. the cost of a safari - the private lodges in the Sabi Sands & Timbavati range from about R2100 pppn and higher - it all depends on how much luxury you are looking for in terms of accommodation, food, service, etc. If you are traveling alone, it may be worth your while to specifically look for a lodge that will not charge a single supplement (additional 50% on the nightly rate). Of the lodges in the Sabi Sands & Timbavati that would not charge a single supplement, are:

Sabi Sands: Djuma Bush Lodge, Djuma Vuyatela, Kirkmans Kamp, Exeter River, Exeter Dulini & Exeter Leadwood

Timbavati: Ngala Safari Lodge & Ngala Tented Camp

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger Safari in Oct help!

Hi Tricky.

If you don't want to pay the high prices for staying in one of the private reserves like Sabi Sabi etc. You could always stay in a self catering lodge somewhere central like Hazeyview. Rent a car and drive into the Kruger yourself. Self drive safaris are fantastic.

You can also always take safari tours without forking out to stay in private reserves.

-----------------------------------------------------

Cambalala guest house - Kruger Park Lodge - Hazyview

3. Re: Kruger Safari in Oct help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 02:18