We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

bangalore
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

Hi all, this will be my family's first trip to Kruger , i was wondering if the first week of may was an appropriate time to visit...as it is winter will we be able to see animals? will it be too cold to enjoy the other facilities in the lodges like the pool.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Senalala Luxury Safari Camp
Senalala Luxury Safari Camp
#1 of 15 Speciality lodging in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
Sausage Tree Safari Camp
Sausage Tree Safari Camp
#1 of 22 Speciality lodging in Balule Nature Reserve
Tintswalo Safari Lodge
Tintswalo Safari Lodge
#1 of 7 Speciality lodging in Manyeleti Game Reserve
Limpopo, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

Hi there

May is a great time to visit Kruger. You will see plenty! The days are still warm, (sometimes even still reaching 30 C), but the nights do cool down a lot. So I personally find the water in swimming pools much too cold then, but I have seen other (tougher!) people swimming then.

Mentioned in this post
bangalore
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

Thank you so much for your reply

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

I agree - I was in Sabi Sand mid-May last year and the weather was brilliant. Yes, nice to have an air conditioned room in the middle of the day, but mornings and evenings were just perfect..

Dave Patterson - Owner, The Africa Safari

Mentioned in this post
Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Kruger National Park, South Africa
SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

As you can see from the previous two postings - May is a great time to visit KNP, so don't hesitate!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
499 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

From a strictly financial perspective rates for private camps are lower in May,I believe it is one of the few months that is discounted

I went last May and agree it was wonderful.It was cool/cold on the morning drives so bring gloves and a warm coat

Leaving in a few hours for another trip there,the weather looks to be pretty warm

6. Re: Is it worth going to Kruger in the first week of may?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 00:20