We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-Mail Address for Jackalberry Safari Lodge

Seattle
1 post
Save Topic
E-Mail Address for Jackalberry Safari Lodge

My wife and a friend are on an extended trip to South Africa and will be going to the Jackalberry Safari Lodge for a stay in a couple of days. I see that they have Internet access and would like to know if anyone happens to have the e-mail address of the lodge. Thank you for your help.

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
794 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-Mail Address for Jackalberry Safari Lodge

Their web site - www.jackalberry.co.za - gives their email as info@jackalberry.co.za

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: E-Mail Address for Jackalberry Safari Lodge

Just dont get tooo excited about internet access. In South African cities, internet is very, very slow. In the bush, it is often just one point up from dead-slow.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: E-Mail Address for Jackalberry Safari Lodge

Hi lamlee

I think you are being too pessimistic about internet access in South Africa. Sure it is not cutting edge. But I live in Hout Bay – which some people in Cape Town say is out in the sticks! My 4 megabit ADSL line runs virtually all the time at over 3 meg – except mid afternoon when all the kids get home from school and log on for on-line gaming. 8meg is now available but I’ve never felt the need. I probably get 3 or 4 unscheduled interruptions a year. I use VOIP for all my phone calls. A 20 Mbyte download takes around a minute. For wireless coverage most cities (and many smaller towns) are covered by HSPDA which runs at up to 7.2 meg. Sure in more rural areas, in the bush you will only have GPRS for wireless and land line dial up. Obviously if you cannot get phone connection you cannot get internet (except by direct satellite link). Maybe the fault is with your ISP? Now the cost, compared to many countries, is a different matter!

4. Re: E-Mail Address for Jackalberry Safari Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 06:43