We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to Pretoria and Nelspruit

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle to Pretoria and Nelspruit

My husband and I are going to be in Johannesburg this September.

Here is our itinerary so far.

Day 1

Cullinan Diamond Mine

Day 2, 3, 4

Sabi Sand

Day 5

Blyde Canyon

Day 6

Fly back

Now we know the distance from Johannesburg to Sabi Sabi is far but we don't want to take a flight. We were initially thinking of driving but now we are thinking of taking the shuttle buses given below.

Citybug (www.citybug.co.za)

Lowveldlink (www.lowveldlink.com)

Here's what we are thinking of doing.

- Taking the shuttle from the airport to Pretoria the first day. Then taking the cab to the hotel (do hotels offer pick up from the bus station? Are there good hotels near the bus station in Pretoria?). We might just take a private cab to the hotel. Do we get licensed cabs from the airport?

- Take the cab from the hotel and go to the mine.

- From the mine go back to the hotel, pick up the luggage and go to the bus station to take the shuttle to Nelspruit.

- Rent a car in Nelspruit. Drive to sabi sabi and then to blyde canyon and then after 4 days return the car back at Nelspruit.

- Take the shuttle back to the airport.

Is this practical. We just dont want to drive around. For safety reasons. Has anyone taken these shuttle buses? How safe are they?

We are going to drive around in cape town, but we just dont feel comfortable driving in Johannesburg. Is it more practical to drive to sabi sabi or are the buses a good option?

Thanks in advance.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to Pretoria and Nelspruit

I used the Lowveldlink shuttle last month and it was fine. The problem is that it arrives quite late so you will miss the evening game drive. If i were you, i would take the shuttle to White river, overnight there (we stayed at a wonderful place called Plumbago and i would recommend it) then hire the car and drive to the game lodge in time for lunch and your evening game drive.

I do hope you will be visiting cape town too.

I hope this helps

Mark September

Small World Tours

2. Re: Shuttle to Pretoria and Nelspruit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2009, 07:21