My husband and I are going to be in Johannesburg this September.
Here is our itinerary so far.
Cullinan Diamond Mine
Day 2, 3, 4
Now we know the distance from Johannesburg to Sabi Sabi is far but we don't want to take a flight. We were initially thinking of driving but now we are thinking of taking the shuttle buses given below.
Here's what we are thinking of doing.
- Taking the shuttle from the airport to Pretoria the first day. Then taking the cab to the hotel (do hotels offer pick up from the bus station? Are there good hotels near the bus station in Pretoria?). We might just take a private cab to the hotel. Do we get licensed cabs from the airport?
- Take the cab from the hotel and go to the mine.
- From the mine go back to the hotel, pick up the luggage and go to the bus station to take the shuttle to Nelspruit.
- Rent a car in Nelspruit. Drive to sabi sabi and then to blyde canyon and then after 4 days return the car back at Nelspruit.
- Take the shuttle back to the airport.
Is this practical. We just dont want to drive around. For safety reasons. Has anyone taken these shuttle buses? How safe are they?
We are going to drive around in cape town, but we just dont feel comfortable driving in Johannesburg. Is it more practical to drive to sabi sabi or are the buses a good option?
Thanks in advance.