We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Morganton, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Motswari vs Elephant Plains in Sabi Sand?

I am torn! Elephant Plains has space available for our 3 night stay, but I have to book it in the next 72 hours to secure the reservation. Even though it is our honeymoon, we are trying to save some money for the rest of our trip and would be staying in a rondavel. Which reserve has the better game viewing experience? Is the vehicle traffic really an issue in Elephant Plains? We are going at the beginning of May 2011. Thanks!

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motswari vs Elephant Plains in Sabi Sand?

The rooms at Motswari are better than the standard rondavels at Elephant Plains. However, the game viewing is usually better at Elephant Plains. I would recommend Elephant Plains based on the game viewing. Ask for rondavel no 5 if possible, it has the best view.

Hope this helps!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motswari vs Elephant Plains in Sabi Sand?

I agree with Onne!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

3. Re: Motswari vs Elephant Plains in Sabi Sand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 07:15