We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which lodge with savannah scenery?

Sweden
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Which lodge with savannah scenery?

There are lots and lots of different lodges and private game reserves in and close to the Kruger NP, which make it hard to choose a safari lodge, but which lodge has relatively open grass plains and savannah scenery?

Would appreciate any advice!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which lodge with savannah scenery?

When do you intend to visit?

If you are thinking of within Kruger, I do believe the northern camp are more savannah-like, especially in the winter, as they are dry and the grasses are yellow.

When I last went to Kruger (early September) Olifants was partially green, Letaba had a bit of green, and Mopani was all yellow grasses. I loved the Mopani (northern) area, it was so much of what I expected Africa to look like.

Of course, those green areas tend to attract more game.

Boston...
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which lodge with savannah scenery?

Most of the lodges have the types of views that you are looking for.

I especially like Londolozzi. Here's a photo I took from the dining area at Londolozzi Tree Camp -- this was in late August.:

https:/…

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,346 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which lodge with savannah scenery?

The wide open plains I think you are talking about are in East Africa and not in South Africa. The best positioned lodges here are the ones that overlook a river or waterhole.

Sweden
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which lodge with savannah scenery?

Thanks all of you for your helpful replies!

@Don Topaz

What a lovely view! I´ll go and check out the reviews for Londolozzi Tree Camp right away! Thanks again!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which lodge with savannah scenery?

Maybe have a look at the Madikwe reserve. Buffalo Ridge has amazing views over the reserve.

Mark September

Small World Tours

6. Re: Which lodge with savannah scenery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 14:18