We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger in November

Palm Coast, FL
Level Contributor
176 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Kruger in November

I am going to be in Africa for about three weeks in late October, early November, 2012. I am locked into that timeframe because I have a week in Hazyview from 9 - 16 Nov in a timeshare (almost free so couldn't pass it up). I have my heart set on a 3 day safari in addition to my week of self driving in and around the park. My first choice is Shindzela, but I know they do not have a/c (something I normally would consider a plus). My question is whether it will be too hot for us in ealy Nov (Nov 6-9) without the a/c. We live in Florida so we are fairly tolerant of the heat, but want to be able to sleep.

Also considering a short trip to Victoria falls and/or Chobe area. I assume it is even hotter there and we should head there before our Kruger trip.

Any and all suggestions would be very much apprecitated. We are just beginning to plan this, our first, trip to Africa.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger in November

It is difficult to say, because November can be very hot but it is also the start of the rainy season, and you might get some cooler days with rain and cloud cover. If you are used to the Florida heat I think you will be fine in Kruger in November. It is one of my favorite times there. Vic Falls and Chobe like you say is likely to be even hotter, but again it depends on whether the rains have come yet. I don't think it matters much which one you do first. Vic Falls, Chobe and Kruger will be a great combination for a first trip to Africa. Have fun!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

2. Re: Kruger in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 11:17