We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon advice needed

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon advice needed

I just booked my three week honeymoon to Singita Lodge in Kruger National Park, Banyan tree in Seychelles and One and Only resort in Mauritius. I was told by a doctor that i should be careful with the food that i eat as well as the water i will drink. Do the lodges as well as hotels i mentioned purify the water? Should i be concerned? I am assuming because they are high end hotels, they take every precaution to keep guests safe. I am only taking malaria pills but no shots. If there is anything that I should look out for please let me know. Also, I will be at Kruger in May so I was also wondering what type of clothes i need for this time of the year.

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon advice needed

You'll be absolutley fine - the water is purified and drinkable! You may find the taste different than your used to perhaps, but you can always drink bottled water!

You don't need any shots either and as for your clothing, I would advise to take some warm clothes for the early moprning and evening safaris. It can be chilly without the sun and I've even worn a beanie hat and cloves before now in May! You can always take them off when the sun's out as it will be hot, sunny & dry during the daytime.

And WOW - what a honeymoon! I've been to all these places and they are all knockout!!

Enjoy!