We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time for the nephew

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
first time for the nephew

I'm taking my nephew to Kruger np. in June 2013 and want to stay somewhere reasonably priced, but has entertainment for him.... inside the kruger.... where would be recommended?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time for the nephew

Others may know better, but it will proof a difficult task. KNP's as well as the private reserves' focus is game viewing. Not a lot else to do.

How old will your nephew be in 2013?

You may consider staying somewhere outside KNP, e.g. Hazyview, and plan your daily activities from there. There will definitely be more on offer wrt to activities for youngsters, from abseiling over horse riding, river rafting to zipline (longest aerial cable trail in sa) and many more.

You could always decide to go on either guided game drives into KNP or selfdrive.

-Owner Abangane-

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,263 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: first time for the nephew

Agree with Klaus "Not a lot else to do except Wildlife Viewing"

But the wildlife viewing is amazing for adults and children of all ages.

We have staying in Kruger NP Camps and other National Parks, with kids from 2-18 (and a lot older "kids" than that!). All of them have enjoyed the experience immensly. None of them have ever been bored - well the two year old slept for quite a bit of the time. But when he was awake he loved the animals!

I remember going with a niece (a "princess" of 13). My sister said she would never get up in the mornings before 8 o'clock!

After the first day's game viewing she was up EVERY morning at 5:30 and was the first into the car to get out into Kruger - and was our best animal spotter! Her mum said she could't stop talking abourt it for months!

Edited: 14 January 2012, 20:41
3. Re: first time for the nephew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2013, 10:19