We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabi Sabi

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
269 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Sabi Sabi

Hoping some you can help. We have booked our 3 and a half wk visit to South Africa/Botswana and Zambia for July. Our absolute splurge was to have 4 days at Sabi Sabi Private Resserve. I booked the Little Bush camp. I have just been notified by my travel agent that we have been offered an upgrade to the Earth Lodges for the same price. I have checked out the website and the rooms look very grand, almost overwhelming. Can anyone advise please. Other than the decor of the rooms are there any other advantages with Earth Lodge.

Nürnberg
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabi Sabi

Dear Robyn

I had the pleasure to visit Sabi Sabi before. Due to power problems we were upgraded last time from Selati to Earth Lodge.

Earth Lodge is amazing due to its architecture. It is wonderful walking "into" the ground and you don't see from the entrance that there is a lodge. As always at Sabi Sabi service, food and guides are top notch, as it would be at Little Bush Camp.

The rooms at Earth Lodge are bigger than at Little Bush and you are having your own plunge pool. There is a water hole in front of the lodge and wildlife comes close to the lodge on a regular basis. We had three big elephant bulls enjoying the grass and bushes just five meters from table while we were enjoying lunch. Earth Lodge has more rooms than Little Bush Camp but is still rather small.

The style of Earth Lodge is different to Little Bush Camp but in my opinion it is worth a thought changing to Earth Lodge. Game Viewing will be the same, doesn't matter which lodge you choose.

Hope this will help a little bit.

Enjoy your time in the beautiful Sabi Sabi and I am sure you will return with some unforgettable memories.

Have fun,

Nicole

Africa Direct - Germany

2. Re: Sabi Sabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park