We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Day Kruger or Chobe Day Trip

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Extra Day Kruger or Chobe Day Trip

Our current plan is 4 days Kruger ( 2 Elephant Plains and 2 lower sabie rest camp) and then 3 nights Victoria Falls, with a day trip to Chobe. Given the cost of Chobe ( almost $400 for 2 people given tour costs, park fees, tips, etc), would it be better to spend an extra day in Kruger? I would think 2 days VFA would be short, but i guess that would be cheaper, which we could then use to slurge on a helicopter ride. So esentially, 4 days kruger and 3 days VFA, with Chobe; or 5 days Kruger and 2 days VFA, with Helicopter ride?

I have heard that although the Chobe trip is great, the day trip can be long and as you are not there in the morning/evening, you miss the best part!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
112 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra Day Kruger or Chobe Day Trip

I would do the extra day in Kruger, a one day guided tour will not really allow you to truely experience Chobe. And as you say yourself you will miss the best parts of the day.

Enjoy your trip

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra Day Kruger or Chobe Day Trip

Chobe is a nice park, Kruger is an great park. Its nice to see variety when you travel (and to get extra stamps in your passport) but I'd prefer the extra day in Kruger National Park, If I had the choice.

3. Re: Extra Day Kruger or Chobe Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:17