We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

Hi,

We're planning a July 2013 family (10-13 age kids) trip to the Sabi Sand and are having trouble deciding what lodge to go to... Any suggestions are welcome, but we're focusing on Lions Sands, Londolozi, Singita and MalaMala at this point. We are looking for a combination of outstanding game viewing and luxury...

Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

Mytmoss
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

You have good reason to focus on Lion Sands, Londolozi and Singita, I have been to two of them. Lion Sands is my absolute favorite and Londolozi is in a solid second place. I would highly recommend both of them. If you have any specific questions you can send me a message via TA. I am only familiar with Singita by reputation which is solid. You may have noticed I have left off Mala Mala and I do so for personal reasons.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

With kids of that age I would go to Londolozi, the ranger program that they do for the kids while they are there is absolutly awesome and they will love it.

I however would not combine 2 sabi sands lodge, I would go to a different area to see some other vegetation.

Either same area something like Camp Jabulani for Elephant Experiance and Hoedspruit endangered Species centre OR if your budget allows hope across to Phinda it would be the MOST amazing combination!

Enjoy your safari :)

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

For a family with children Londolozi would be excellent. They have 5 different camps spread out along the Sand river, some of the camps allow children and others don't. The family friendly Varty camp would be an excellent choice for your safari.. Outstanding game viewing and luxury - you will get both at Londolozi. Enjoy!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

You may be surprised to learn that some of the better known lodges will not be able to accommodate all four of you in one suite or casita. My point? Make your plans as early as you can for one of the lodges that does have a family unit, so you can nail down the space you need at a lodge you want.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

Good point, Dave! Londolozi's inter leading rooms are great for families!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

I would vote for Camp Jabulani....my wife and I were married their. The elephant experience is unbelievable...so is the endangered species centre. I believe that would be perfect for the children. i believe they have a new family unit also.

7. Re: What lodge in the Sabi Sand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:17