We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon

Trying to decide it it is worth it to add a day to our trip to drive the panarama route and check out the canyon. We would be coming our of the Kruger Gate in the morning and want to get back to Nelspruit for a flight the following day.

?? How far is that/how long will that take? The posts/info I have been reading are confusing me.

?? Is it a "must-see" for most? We will probably not make it back to SA.

Our Plan:

4 Days: Cape Town/Cape of Good Hope/Stellenbosch

4 Days: Drive Route 62 to Kynsna and Surf, Dive, Hike, etc.

Last day in Kynsna - Fly from George to MQP & spend the night at airport hotel

Kruger:

Day 1 - Rent a car in MQP and drive to Berg-En-Dal .

Day 2 – Berg-En-Dal Safari - Self-Drive, Organized Night Tour

Day 3 – Skukuza Safari - Self-Drive Morning, Organized Night Tour

Day 4 – Skukuza Safari - Self-Drive Morning, Pack and party!

Day 5 - Fly MQP to J-Burg and fly out that evening to Tampa.

THANK YOU!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
83 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon

hi Miffstoy - We booked our airline tickets in May, when KLM had a sale for the fall. The end of September worked best for us, so we booked it. Turned out that it was school break week in SA! so when I was looking for lodging at the camps, I just had to take what I could get.

We ended up upgrading our bungalows at Olifants and Skukuza to ones by the river - after our initial booking, the ones along the river opened up when I checked periodically. We really liked those! (and the morning walks!)

when are you leaving?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,574 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon

We are big fans of the Blyde River Canyon and self-driving the Panorama Route. Really glad to see you have discovered this very good collection of attractions and area of South Africa that is so very often overlooked. Here are some suggested drive routes if of use.

Panorama Route

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i30411-Panorama…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g424918-d217…

Hope these are useful and that you have a great time in Kruger and the Blyde River Canyon area.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon

Bustergirl - next August (I know ages away)

Thanks to all for your help. Our itinerary has certainly come together and were really happy with it :)

14. Re: Panorama Route - Blyde River Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:19