We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant workers strike in KNP

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant workers strike in KNP

We are on our way to Kruger in two days and I just heard on the radio that the restaurant workers in most of the camps have gone on strike. We were planning to cook for ourselves most, or now maybe all, of the time, so I do not think this will impact us much. Anybody else headed to Kruger in the near future and planning to use the camp restaurants may want to seek more information about this.

If anybody is currently at Kruger, keep me informed about how this impacts the park. Particularly of interest to me is are the camp stores experiencing an increased demand. We usually use the camp stores quite a bit, but may stop and bring some extra groceries from outside the park if this is a problem.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant workers strike in KNP

We will be leaving for 3 nights Letaba tomorrow morning.

Will post update about our experience on our return.

Below the KNP press release:

www.sanparks.org/about/news/default.php…

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant workers strike in KNP

The restaurant workers are back at work again.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant workers strike in KNP

We came back last night. Everything was normal during the last 4 days.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

4. Re: Restaurant workers strike in KNP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2017, 00:30
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant workers strike in KNP

As far as restaurant workers being back at work, I have not seen it. The restaurants all are open, though some have limited menus. Pretoriuskop yesterday had the full menu, but Satara the day before only had about 1/3 of the menu options available. You can still find food at the restaurants, but there is no certainty you will have much selection.

6. Re: Restaurant workers strike in KNP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:15