We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger Safari

australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kruger Safari

Dear fellow travellers, I am trying to figure out the best way to visit Kruger on a short time, I realized I can fly to Nelspruit from Cape Town , and then i was thinking to just book a nice lodge near there and they could probably organize 1-2 safari trips, any ideas and suggestions?

thanks!

Outlook Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Vula Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,881 posts
5,896 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger Safari

>>>I realized I can fly to Nelspruit from Cape Town , and then i was thinking to just book a nice lodge near there<<<

Sounds like you are on the right train of thought. Just do a search on this page for safari (private reserve) recommendations using the Search Box at the top of the page and you'll find no shortage of private reserve outfits that are commonly recommended on this forum. Many are not that far from Nelspruit and transportation can be easily arranged through these lodges or you can even rent vehicle and self-drive.

Best of luck and hope you enjoy Cape Town and your Kruger experience.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kruger Safari

I understand the OP differently.

There are nice Lodges and B&Bs in the area around the gates of KNP and all of them can organise day trips/safaris.

Have a look at Hazyview for example. Plenty of accommodation providers in all various categories and price ranges, activities from A-Z and sime of the best restaurants in the area.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kruger Safari

Hi there,

As the above posters have pointed out, you have a few good options.

You can either stay in a private reserve such as the Sabi Sands and have 2x game drives, all meals, snacks, tea/coffee etc included in your rate, or alternatively stay in a lodge just outside the Kruger. Here you can either have a self catering place, or enjoy meals prepared. The outside lodge can also organize for safari companies to pick you up, take you for a drive in the world famous Kruger, and drop you at your accommodation afterwards.

A place that I highly recommend is Swagat Kruger Park Lodge. You can check them out at http://mykrugerlodge.com/

All the best in your search! The great thing about the safari industry is that there are SO many wonderful options to choose from to create your perfect experience :-)

All the best, and good luck!

Jacqui

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kruger Safari

Not sure what your budget is. As Jacqui pointed out above, you could stay at a safari lodge in a private reserve that would give you an all inclusive package with meals, accommodation and safari activities.

If you would prefer to stay outside the park, then I would agree with Klaus that Hazyview would be a great place, from where you could visit the KNP and also some other nearby attractions. Take a look at www.abangane.com for beautiful accommodation, a great setting and wonderful hosts!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

5. Re: Kruger Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:15