We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Combining Inyati with Nkorho? Or just Inyati?

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Combining Inyati with Nkorho? Or just Inyati?

We have the option of just going to Inyati for 3 nights.

Or combine it with Nkorho 2 nights each?

Which option would you go for? Will Nkorho add enough to the experience to split our stay?

Will we see or experience something special there which wouldn't have at Inyati?

Many thanks.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Combining Inyati with Nkorho? Or just Inyati?

The trip from Inyati to Nkorho will add some substantial costs. You exit Sabi Sand through Newington Gate and then travel around Sabi Sand to re-enter at Gowrie Gate in the northeast corner. Earlier this year, I provided that same transfer to clients and this company was the one that took them: http://www.tourist.co.za/ My clients actually went from Exeter River, next door to Inyati - to Simbamili, just a few miles from Nkorho - but the rate is the same.

The 2012 rate to the public would have been R2383 for the vehicle with 1 to 3 passengers. They might offer it to you for 2013, too, or maybe it would be a little more. If that rate suits you, then I say it's a good plan.

By the way, I just did that drive myself in September and - even using some back roads you wouldn't know about - it took more than 2 hours.

Edited: 24 November 2012, 15:32
Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Combining Inyati with Nkorho? Or just Inyati?

Thank you so much!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Combining Inyati with Nkorho? Or just Inyati?

To me, the only advantage of doing the 2 lodges in combination, is that you then have an extra day of safari! I do agree that it adds a lot of cost in a very long transfer though.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

4. Re: Combining Inyati with Nkorho? Or just Inyati?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 00:15