We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with route plan

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Help with route plan

Hi,

I will be arriving at 10am at Johannesburg airport and would like to rent a car. I will have 4 nights and then fly out out of Nelspruit at 11 AM on the last day. I would like to see Panorama Roue with Blyde River Canyon and Kruger Park. (as cost is an issue i would like todo self drives and stay outside park)

Please suggest me a good travel plan.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with route plan

Hi Adam,

I understand cost is an issue but I would recommend at least 1 night in the park. Balule near Olifonts is a beautiful little camp, with reasonably priced huts (self catering only, there are shared ablutions and a shared kitchen with a gas stove). Hyena and elephant can be seen by the fence day and night. In my opinion I woul do 1 night nelspruit, 2 night in balule and 1 night Nelspruit.

Edited: 13 December 2012, 12:07
Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with route plan

Hi there!

I can understand regarding the heavy costs; What about a self catering unit such as Swagat Kruger, just outside the park, and within easy reach of the Panorama Route?

All the best,

Jacqui

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with route plan

Hazyview is a good base for both Kruger National Park and the panoramic route and has a lot of accommodation options.

4. Re: Help with route plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 07:16