We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights safari

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
966 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights safari

We fly from Livingstone. We have 2 nights. Want the best safari experience. Where should we stay for 2 nights. DO not mind self drive. Luxury is not important. Do not mind staying outside the park. Please recommend. How long will it from airport. We fly on 13 April and fly back on 15 April to George.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights safari

You can go to www.casartgamelodge.com super hosts, elephants near their waterhole,.

You can drive there of fly tp Phalaborwa.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
966 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights safari

Thanks Annemieke for a reply. My flight arrives on 13 at 5pm at MQP and leaves on 15 from MQP at 10:10. SO what is best possible in such a short time?

3. Re: 2 nights safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 December 2012, 20:43
Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights safari

MQP is yhe airport code for Nelspruit International Airport, also known as KMIA (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport) NOT Hoedspurit.

The above recommended accommodation is completely out of your way!

You will not be able to get into the park before gate closure although the Numbi Gate is not far (about 40 km outside White River).

I therefore suggest looking at accommodation near the airport, White River for example.

Have a look at www.safarinow.com

Ask your accommodation to book you on a full day game drive into KNP (usually start at 5 am until 4 pm and will be around R1,000.00 per person. White River is close to the KNP as well as the airport. For transfer also ask your accommodation of choice.

I think that will be your best bet for such a short time.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Edited: 15 December 2012, 19:30
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
966 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights safari

What do you guys think about Protea Kruger Gate? What will be cost of self drive? Can I drive to accommodation as by the time I get out of airport it might be 5:30 or 6. Or should I take a shuttle?

Edited: 16 December 2012, 03:10
Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights safari

Why driving so far? It will take you at least 1,5 to 2 hours to get there and you are still outside the park.

Have a look at the Protea Winkler, just in case you like the Protea chain hotels. otherwise a guesthouse or B&B closer to the airport which also would be more convenient for your departure. If you dont find anything in White River, you could also have a look at Hazyview (1 hour drive from the airport) which has got the Phabeni Gate and the Numbi Gate in app. 15 Minutes drive.

The cost for selfdrive is easy, car, petrol and R204.00 per person conservation fee (entrance fee for KNP). Car hire should be arranged before arrival as the offices at the airport maybe closed already when you arrive (depending on week day).

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
966 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights safari

Thanks will definitely look for accommodation near White River. Will accommodation near Nelspruit will also be good? Any suggestion which would be like 1000 rand per room per night for 2 adults? Also which could provide transfer to and fro from Airport. SO that I can just do 1 day safari in Kruger. What will be difference in cost of self drive and by a company for safari for 2 adults?

Boston...
Level Contributor
359 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 nights safari

Your cheapest option is to rent a car when you land and stay in a place like Hazyview. Wake up early and get to Phabeni Gate, 10 minutes away, and spend the full day in Kruger self-driving. Book a night drive out of Phabeni Gate as an option to maximize your time in the Park (you are not allowed to drive on your own at night in the Park). It will be a long and tiring day and you can enjoy dinner at one of the Hazyview restaurants.

Wake up next morning, enjoy breakfast in Hazyview and drive to MQP for your flight to George.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Heeten, Owner, Swagat at Kruger Park Lodge

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
966 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 nights safari

Thanks guys for suggestion. But will like do full day safari with ranger. Have just 1 day and want to make best out it. So will pick white river for overnight stay. I am thinking between Casterbridge, Jatinga, Schneider Guest House or Seringa Lodge. Any suggestions in which one to pick? Also any sightseeing can be done from 5am to 9 am? Any way this time can be utilized?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 nights safari

If you would like to spend some time sightsseing before your flight leaves, worth would be part of the Blyde River Canyon. Unfortunately when choosing White River to overnight, that will be to far off as it will take you app. 1 hour to get there. I then would recommend Hazyview or Graskop to base yourself.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park