We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

A trip report of my own visit last December. Might probably help people planning for coming December. Do post a comment if you need any details.

Cheers

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Did you forget the link?

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

yes, I did. That was so dumb!!

Here it is : …blogspot.in/2013/05/south-africa-2-wildings…

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

VERY nice trip report!!!!!!!!

Should make anyone who has not been in SA wanting to come (hopefully with a bit more time on hand).

Sorry to read about the accident, but thanks god, you all are well and could continue your holiday with a slight delay only.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Thanks Klaus.. It was a brilliant trip overall n I hope to be able to visit your country again sometime for there are many places I missed out on!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Hi Sachin. Very nice and detailed report. Just a few questions, if you don't mind-as I'm planning my own trip.

First/foremost- So sorry that your flight was delayed and you missed a day at the lodge.

In Part 2: Did you feel that the GPS was useful in your case?. I am getting conflicting opinions on this.

in Part 3. You mentioned " The best way to enjoy Panorama Route would be to visit it while on your way to/from Kruger National Park with a night's stay at any of the tourist friendly town here. " You are talking about some towns along the way, right? What time did you leave Kruger and what time did you reach JNB? I have (though not booked yet) a flight I want that leaves JNB at 705 p.m.

I know it is mentioned often that there are gas stations along the way but with regards to the Panorama drive, did you have to gas up while driving it? I presume that it was cash basis only.

Thanks for posting. Your trip gave me some information that I was looking for.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Really cool trip report!!!

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Hi Bigwawao,

Thanks for reading the posts.

1.GPS was useful but I wouldn't like to travel depending solely on it as there were times when it would be able to connect to satellite leaving us stranded. Thats why I suggested, it makes good sense if you also use Google Navigation on your iPhone. One of those always seemed to work for us.

2. We left Kruger after taking a shower after the morning safari. So this was around 11-12 am I guess. Visiting all these sites slightly quickly, we reached JNB around 11 in the night. SO for a 705 pm flight, you should probably leave really early. Also, do check the timings of these attractions in that case as I am not sure they would be open if you reach them by 7-8 in the morning.

3.Yes there are towns along the way like Graskop and Hazyview. Though, I would recommend staying at Pilgrim's Rest which is slightly off the way but seemed like a great place to stay.

4. As for Gas Stations, we didn't take any chances and tanked up whenever our range dropped to under 100 kms. However, I must mention that there were Gas Stations available all along the way.

I am pleased to be of any help for fellow travellers. Anything else you wish to know, please feel free to comment on the Blog itself.

Cheers

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Thanks JenniHx5 :-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

sachindixit- thank you very much. your information was very helpful in my planning of my trip.

Boston...
Level Contributor
359 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My visit to Kruger in Dec 2012

Thanks Sachin for a very comprehensive report of your trip. The highlights were amazing and I am sorry to hear about the car accident. Glad to hear everyone was ok.

You certainly had a great time and got to experience many facets of South Africa.

I am sure your tip report will be useful to many (bigwawao is already using it to shape his trip).

Take care and thanks. I enjoyed reading the report.

Cheers,

Heeten, Swagat at Kruger Park Lodge, Hazyview & Boston