We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time in Johannesburg

Newcastle upon Tyne
6 posts
Save Topic
Connection time in Johannesburg

Hello

We are going on holiday to Cape Town and then the Kruger in 2 weeks time. We fly from Cape Town to Hoedspruit (changing in Johannesburg) for our safari, departing at 7am from CPT, arriving in JNB at 9am and then changing onto our flight to HDS which departs at 10:15am. We booked it all as one ticket with South African Airways so the transfer time must be sufficient, but I'm starting to worry about it.

Has anyone else used this route before with such a short transfer time? I'm hoping you can put my mind at rest!

Thank you so much for your help.

Norwich
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection time in Johannesburg

I came into Jo'berg from the London UK a couple of weeks ago & caught a connection to Nelspruit for KNP. Arrived JNB 7.15am & connection was 9am out. As an international flight connecting to a domestic flight I had to go thru customs, collect bags & recheck in bags, switch terminals from A International to B domestic & go thru security again. Completed within 1 hour. So as domestic to domestic connection with one airline you miss all this - as long as your flight is on time - no problem. And if its not - then as all flights SAA I believe they are obliged to get you on their next flight available anyway..check that with SAA.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection time in Johannesburg

Hello, the problem at the moment is there is a strike at ORTambo airport, and it tooks over 2 hours plus for my clients to come through yesterday. So, my advice, just check the news and hopefully when you travel, the strike is over.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

3. Re: Connection time in Johannesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17