We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

Everywhere
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

Hi there!,

I'm looking into booking a flight from Cape Town to Kruger Airport (MQP) on a Friday in January. A one- way nonstop flight is USD 340 (3400 Rand) per person. Does this sound fairly typical?

Also, we were then planning to have our hotel, located in Balule Game reserve, arrange a car service to pick us up from the airport. It's about an hour and 15 minutes drive. The hotel will charge us about Rand 1700 (USD 170). Is this too expensive? Is there another reliable car service company that is recommended?

Thank you!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

Air fare direct CPT to MQP is about right. May be cheaper going via JNB but longer. Transfer cost about right too.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
862 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

I saw non-stop, one way flights for $220, I think on SAA. Found them on Expedia (though for 9 months out).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

I think the higher price may be because it's a Friday and because the Friday in January may be within the holiday season. It would be worth looking into whether prices are the lower one on other days of the week.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

Thank you! The price did come down to $300 which is a better deal :)

Belgium
Level Contributor
317 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

Why not taking a cheaper flight with Kulula or Mango from Cape town to Jo'Burg and drive yourself to Balule?It will save you a couple of bucks.

NY
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

@PeterenDavy,

About how much is airfare CPT-JNB on those sites. I am also looking into airfare between, but am too far out from my vacation in August 2014 to get any prices. Thanks.

7. Re: Airfare to Kruger Airport (MQP)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:17