We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

number per game vehicle

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
number per game vehicle

Does anyone know which lodges in Klaserie/Balule and Timbavati limit the number of guests on a vehicle to 6?

There is a previous post about this in Sabi Sands forum, but we have been there before and thought we would try a different area.

However, our first priority is only 6 per vehicle.

And then we will take it from there!!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: number per game vehicle

Ngala Tented and Ngala Safari Lodge do everything possible to not allocate more than 6 guests per vehicle. Depending on when you are wanting to go on safari, you could hopefully also benefit from one of their long stay special offers.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: number per game vehicle

Hi Claire

We too are great believers in the six pax per vehicle.

Sorry I do not know about Klaserie/Balule, [we usually also go to Sabi Sand] but many people from the industry come here and recommend lodges in these reserves but it seems that they never mention this, from which I would presume that very few lodges if any offer the six.

We have stayed in Timbavati and yes had problems finding a lodge that offered six, not wanting to go to Ngala at the time.

In the end we got it at Kings Camp. They say they try to limit all vehicles to six apart from when the camp is full up. The set up there means they always have one vehicle with definitely only six, so we requested that one when we booked and got it. There were no vehicles during our stay that had more than six but you would definitely need to check with them first if they can guarantee it.

Interestingly we did see some vehicles on drives from nearby reserves full up with ten guests, so as usual glad we went for it..

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: number per game vehicle

I doubt we will ever see a time when very many lodges have the 6-person limit. The business is-what-it-is and I don't think there's enough pressure from the public yet to prod the majority of lodges to add staff and vehicles to implement the limit of 6. As mentioned for Ngala, I can say that Kirkman's and the Phinda Mountain and Forest Lodges also have it as a goal when they are not full. Further, as we all know, there will be times when a couple will be the only guests in a vehicle, no matter what the policy is.

4. Re: number per game vehicle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20