We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Sanparks announces its' new tender winners today for the restaurants in KNP. However someone spilled the beans already and Wimpy will apparently be at Letaba and I think it was Oliphants. Cannot adequately convey how disappointed I am with that. It is beyond belief.

London, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Why not Spur, Ocean Basket, or even Steers?! Any other chain would have been better, literally!

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Don't worry I think Steers may get a look in at one of the other camps. Several different big name brands have been awarded the tenders. Mugg & Bean are in there. We don't eat meat or fast food. Hopefully we might find something at one of the others that is fresh and healthy.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Shame Wimpy at KPN, a very bad Restaurant, well south africans like it, I really donot why, the food is so discusting. And the excisting restaurant now are also not very good, a pitty the Goverment is doning its best, to get better restsurants there. This is really not good marketing for Sa

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Wimpy is well loved by South Africans, and will probably do very well. The service at Wimpy is also generally very good which will already be an upgrade on the current restaurants in Kruger. It might not be the healthiest or best food but I prefer it too SPUR whose food has put me in hospital twice. Ocean Basket would never work in Kruger as they only offer one dish that is not seafood and that is a greek salad! I think they should have given all the main restaurants to Mugg and Bean, good hearty food. But hey, that is just my opinion.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,622 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Would have liked to have seen Nandos! ;-)

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Nandos or Mugg and Bean would have got my vote!

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

I think Mugg & Bean got at least two camps Jacqui :)

Balule Nature...
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Neither my choice, only the coffee. Mugg and Bean:hear hear! But most South-Africans will appreciate a Wimpy, given the fact that it is very popular with them.

Corné.

Owner/manager Amukela Game Lodge.

Balule Nature Reserve - Hoedspruit.

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

Yipeeeee! Glad to hear that! Thanks for the update. Definitely look forward to Mugg and Bean!

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wimpy for some camp 'restaurants' in Kruger NP. :(

What is it that anyone likes about Wimpy? Yuk, yuk, a thousand times yuk. Explains why they gave them a gig though. :( I googled the Mugg & Bean menu and there are some options there that sound good provided they are fresh and prepared well. Think they got Lower Sabie and Oliphants.

Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park