We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

I have a father and son visiting me next July. I have booked them 8 days across 3 camps/lodges in Greater Kruger NP. We have a couple of spare days based in Nelspruit and know they would like to touch and ride an elephant. Bella Bella near Pretoria looks exc but too far. Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

I saw this in my research. I'm leaving next year.

seasonsinafrica.com/adventure-activities-in-…

I remember there is another place but I deleted the link from my SA folder.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

In Hazyview. elephantsanctuary.co.za/hazyviewcontact.htm

Also you have one near Sun City, Hartebeespoort and Plettenburgbay

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

The elephant sanctuary in Hazyview is great! You learn a lot about elephants and you get real close to them too like looking into their mouth, etc.

The riding is the highlight, although it's not that easy as they don't have a saddle, but you have a guide leading the elephant.

It definitely is a highlight and I can warmly recommend it.

Regards

Michelle

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

Hi MGM1954,

Elephant Whispers in Hazyview offers a full elephant interaction. There are different packages including elephant rides. Have a look a the website: www.elephantwhispers.co.za. Its the same people that bigwawao is referring to. I had clients there a few months ago, they did a sunset ride and they really enjoyed it.

Regards.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

Hello, also check out the website at Kapama, they also have elephant back safaris which you may enjoy. This is very close to the Hoedspruit airport, and the Kruger Park.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and safaris

White River, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

I live in White River and we often send folk to elephant whisperers in Hazyview. Finally went to see for myself the other day and really enjoyed the experience. In my opinion this is am ethical and well run operation and the best in the region. You can interact and learn about the elephants with a further option to ride. Just check any age restriction for riding and also that your group don't have any medical it back problems as this can cause them not to let you ride. Enjoy.

7. Re: where is best place near/in Kruger area to ride elephants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19