We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Rains - March 6

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Current Rains - March 6

Hi. I am traveling to Singita Lebombo and Singita Ebony next week. I have read of wide-spread flooding in Kruger, but am not familiar enough with the geography or topography to know what it will be like where I am headed. Any local experts who can weigh in on the current situation?

Thank you.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Rains - March 6

By next week, I am sure the water will have mostly subsided. It seldom goes on for too long and certainly doesn't seem to be as bad as the flooding up north last year. But, i could be wrong. Keep an eye on the weather for Skukuza.

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
4,814 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Rains - March 6

Hello

As far as I know Sabi Sands/Singita Ebony has not been affected, right now the worst of it is in Southern Kruger.

There are some roads affected in the Satara area of Kruger which is the closest to Lebombo, although it should not affect you, are you flying in or driving?

These places can be a bit slow updating their websites sometimes, so I would also simply send them an email with your concerns.

3. Re: Current Rains - March 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18