We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Advice

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging Advice

My wife and I are looking at a trip to Kruger National Park (or one of the reserves near there) for this coming October. On the Wild Wings Safaris web page, I was interested in the Game Lodges for under $350 category...Gomo Gomo Game Lodge ($374 per night 2 persons), Elephant Plains Game Lodge (384), Kambaku Safari Lodge ($621), Arathusa Safari Lodge ($624), Nkorho Bush Lodge ($574), Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge ($444), Simbavati River Lodge ($732), and Pondoro Game Lodge ($605). We were also looking at the 5 day best of Kruger Safari for $1865 for four nights.

What would you suggest? We'd probably use their transfer service from Johannesburg. Also, would you suggest going earlier or later in October?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lodging Advice

Okay, I got the ball rolling. We leave Sept. 30 now from Minneapolis to Johannesburg, arriving the next evening, Oct. 1. We leave on Tuesday, October 14. Now that the framework has been set, I'll now begin to start fitting pieces together. It looks like there are inexpensive flights to Cape Town so after sleeping out by the airport in Johannesburg, we'll catch a flight to CPT for about a week of leisurely sightseeing. After that, we'll fly to HDS and spend 3 or 4 nights before heading back to JNB for our 6:50 PM flight. I appreciate all of your help and suggestions and look forward to finding out more about what to do and see in South Africa!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lodging Advice

The most convenient place to stay at the JNB airport is the City Lodge that is attached to the Terminal.

https://www.citylodge.co.za/cl13.php - You can check online for the rate for the dates you might want to stay there. They come up room-only.. and B&B is an option. But another option is to walk over to the Terminal (5 to 6 minutes through a walkway) and eat at one of the restaurants there. R30 will get you a nice breakfast, R45 will get you more than you should have (3 kinds of pork.. hahaha).

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lodging Advice

Booked it! It looks very convenient. Thanks

14. Re: Lodging Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17