We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Klasserie, Sabi sand or Kruger proper?

Florida, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
After Klasserie, Sabi sand or Kruger proper?

Hello everyone,

We will have 4 nights for Kruger in mid September. The first 2 nights will be at GomoGomo ( already reserved). Now the last 2 nights is really hard to decide, I don't know whether we should stay at another private reserve in Sabi Sand or staying in one of those hotels right outside ( thinking of Protea Kruger Gate) and explore the Kruger national park. If we stay in KNP, we will have a different experience (vs private game lodge). I'm torn between these two places, please give me some advices.

(This is our first safaris and we don't do self drive)

Many thanks in advanced

Florida, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: After Klasserie, Sabi sand or Kruger proper?

Hi Dave

We'll visit Kruger by staying at Protea hotel Kruger gate and do day tour which provide from the hotel but thank you for the link you sent me.

Arathusa, Nkorho also fully booked! will take a look at Cheetah plains ( which has some not so good reviews here).

Anyway the transfers is kind of expensive. What do you think about a combination of GomoGomo and Naledi?

I'm getting sooo confused now!

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: After Klasserie, Sabi sand or Kruger proper?

Hello again.

I am a little confused too lol.

If you have four days and two are already booked at GG, then you say you are staying at Protea Kruger presumably for the other two nights.

But then you are looking at Naledi?

Have you decided whether the other 2 nights will be in Kruger or at a private reserve?

If you have only four nights to all be spent in a private reserve I think you should really consider staying at just one lodge in one of the bigger reserves, two nights will just not cover all the ground and then you have transfer costs and time, and packing up again. Four nights is a pretty average time in one lodge.

Florida, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: After Klasserie, Sabi sand or Kruger proper?

thesandmans

I haven't booked the room at Protea hotel yet, even if I did, I can cancelled it at any time.. The problem here is GomoGomo only have 2 nights available for my 4 nights stay that's why I have to move on to another place. Quite shocked that every places was already taken so early!

14. Re: After Klasserie, Sabi sand or Kruger proper?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:16