We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly safari lodge

1 post
Save Topic
Family friendly safari lodge

I would like to take my husband and kids aged 11 and 8 to two Safari lodges in South Africa. I am a bit overwhelmed with the number of lodges and have noticed that many are not family friendly. We want to stay in suites or to have adjoining rooms - not all be in one room. Any suggestions please? Also would prefer places with a pool. Thanks in advance. Mumoftwo.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly safari lodge

Do you mean Kruger the national park or the private areas adjacent to Kruger? There's a difference. Also telling the budget may help the experts in giving you advice.

Googling "child policy Kruger" might help you out in either case. From the places we were considering (lower budget than many others), I remember that Naledi Bushcamp has one lodge suitable for you:

naledigamelodge.com/accommodation/leadwood_s…

Elephant Plains also has a family rondavel for four people (which we actually booked!) but I have no idea how large it is or whether it is one or two bedroom setting.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
895 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly safari lodge

Although we have not traveled yet, we booked a family suite at Simbavati that has 3 beds in the kids' room and a double bed in the other room for parents. I believe we are paying about $1000/night. There are several family suites with 2 bedrooms and shared bath. The tracker has a "tracks and signs" morning walk for kids <13.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,673 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly safari lodge

Cheetah Plains has a lovely cottage with separate bedrooms. So does Notten's. Serondella, in Thornybush, has a 3BR house! All of these have a pool. The Marula suite at Naledi would work. As would their Leadwood suite.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The SabiSandSafari

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly safari lodge

Hi there,

Also check out Gomo Gomo Game Lodge, located in the Klaserie, and Simbavati in the Timbavati. Both of these are excellent children friendly lodges, and both have adjoining rooms & pools.

Warm regards

Jacqui l Owner & Founder l Lodge Trackers

5. Re: Family friendly safari lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:15