We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notten's v. nThambo

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
36 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Notten's v. nThambo

Hi,

I'd love some opinions on Notten's Bush Camp v. nThambo Tree Camp.

My wife and I will be doing 4 nights at Idube in July 2015. We are looking for another camp to do before Idube. We like the more rustic vibes of nThambo and Notten's. Which do you like, and why?

Thanks!

1. Re: Notten's v. nThambo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 14:35
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
36 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Notten's v. nThambo

Thanks!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Notten's v. nThambo

First of all - you made a good choice with Idube. I also like nThambo and have clients going there later this month. But I have to say that Notten's uniqueness sets it apart from other lodges to such an extent that I would recommend it for your purposes. You will see differences in the environment, even though both it and Idube are in Sabi Sand. If you are self-driving, it's an easy drive to Idube. If you are not driving yourself, Notten's will take you to Idube for just R175PP.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
36 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Notten's v. nThambo

Thanks, Dave, for the reply. And thanks for pointing us towards the Idube suites. We're pretty set on that now, and we're excited.

My wife has decided she'd rather stay more nights at another private lodge than do a lot of self-driving in the park. So, I was looking for something affordable, but with a different feel.

It's a tough choice between nThambo and Notten's for me. I like the idea of getting two areas of Sabi Sands in, the southern area w/Notten's and the western area w/Idube.

nThambo is a bit easier on the pocketbook, and will show us a bit different landscape. Plus, their staff have been really quick and accessible through email.

It's still up in the air! But I appreciate the extra vote for Notten's. I think it's our preference, too. But, we're still deciding!

5. Re: Notten's v. nThambo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17