We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest petrol

Which Lake Havasu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Topic
cheapest petrol

I'll be driving from Lake Havasu to Laughlin as part of a longer trip.

Is it cheapest to fill up with petrol in Arizona, California or Nevada ?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest petrol

Hi

Gasprizes in Arizona tend to be lower but not much difference for prices in Lake Havasu City (Az), Laughlin (Nv) or Needles (Ca).

Average gasprices for Arizona: $ 2.60, California: $ 2.80 and Nevada: $ 2.75. Regular unleaded. But you can find lower prices down to $ 2.40 in many Az locations. It pays to go away from interstates if you can. Prices in the NP's can be much higher and prices vary by the day. And prices always are much lower than in Europe. Lowest price nationwide is $ 2,06 right now but probably not in the West. Maybe locals can give you some specific locations for bargains. Prices in the mentioned area's (LHC, Needles and Laughlin) are around $ 2,50.

Tet

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest petrol

Here's a great website to search for lowest gas prices by city and state.

www.gasbuddy.com

Generally Arizona prices are lower than California. I don't know about Nevada. On my drives from Arizona to California I often stop at the Pilot gas station at I-40 and AZ-95. This is near Lake Havasu. I definitely recommend NOT buying gas in Needles, California. Every time I go through there, the prices are outrageous.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,782 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest petrol

Another way to look at this. If the price difference per gallon is 20 cents, one could theoretically save $2 on an average fill-up. I wouldn't drive aound looking for lower prices to save $2 unless there was a more dramatic difference.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest petrol

im from northern california and have made the trip to lake havasu 4 times across the mojave desert. NEVER fill up in the mojave desert (california) if you do not have to. Like a previous poster mentioned the pilot at i40 and az95 is an excellent place to fill up. The fasttrip near the london bridge in lake havasu city also normally has excellent gas prices.

Nevada is cheaper than california in most cases too.

5. Re: cheapest petrol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Lake Havasu City