We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doggie daycare

Which Lake Havasu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
doggie daycare

Any pet sitting service available in Lake Havasu?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: doggie daycare

Cj, what is it you plan on doing that you can't take your dog with you? Do you have the world's only dog that can't swim? Unless I was planning a hike out into cactus country, I can't imagine anything to do In Lake Havasu that wouldn't be more fun with a dog.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: doggie daycare

Hi Cj - welcome to the TA forums! I did a quick search on Yelp and found several pet sitting services listed in LHC. I'd suggest a Google search and try calling a few to see if they offer the service you need.

I remember my father always liked to travel with his dog but would board her at some destinations so he could be free to participate in all the activities the rest of us were doing. Hope you find something that will work for you.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: doggie daycare

My dog can swim if he has too but it's not something he would enjoy. Also, the boat ride offered on the lake does not accept dogs so if they wanted to do that they would have to leave the dog somewhere.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: doggie daycare

You can rent your own boat and take your dog anywhere you want to.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: doggie daycare

Would you believe I have a Lab who is petrified of water! LOL! I don't want to leave her in a hotel room for the day while doing some desert touring.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: doggie daycare

So you DO have the only dog in the world who can't swim!!! Not much retrieving going on there I guess. I have seen three or four Vets/Kennels around there but they were away from the water maybe about 15-20 minutes one way. Make sure you have a good map, a GPS or get good directions from whichever vet you pick because the roads get curvy up there and you can spend an hour trying to find your way back to the water.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: doggie daycare

We are planning a trip in the Havasu area in March and will be staying at the Havasu Dunes Resort. Can you recommend a kennel to board our terrier cross dog for a week

8. Re: doggie daycare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 01:16