We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
22,080 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation

We're looking for somewhere to stay as a midpoint between the Timbavati reserve and Dundee/Rorke's Drift area in KZN.

From research on googlemaps and other sources, it seems I should be looking in the Ermelo, Wesselton, Amersfoort area, somewhere along or very near to the N11 road.

So far I've drawn a total blank. Is there nowhere in this area? Have places changed names so I'm searching wrongly?

Any suggestion would be most welcome.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
22,080 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation

I take it from the silence that nobody knows of anywhere to stop in on my route!

So, please, where, anywhere on the route, or even vaguely in the direction I wish to travel, does anybody suggest I look for suitable overnight accommodation? I don't need anywhere fancy, just a B&B/guesthouse/farm stay with clean room and breakfast!

Am I asking on the wrong forum perhaps?

Any suggestion much appreciated,

SWT

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

Have a look at www.safarinow.com

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Take a look at Dawsons Game and Trout Lodge. This is a great lodge which lies pretty much half way, close to Barberton, perfect for a stopover. This is really a romantic lodge and the rooms are large suites with HUGE bathrooms.

Regards

Michaela from Cape Town Guide

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
22,080 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation

Thanks, folk, will follow up on those suggestions. Much appreciated,

SWT

5. Re: Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:15