We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

Hello

After leaving Gomo Gomo we plan to drive to panorama route which is the best road to take and where do you recomend us to spend one night ?

We will have the afternoon after Gomo Gomo .one full day (one night stop) and then back to Johanesburg airport for the night leaving the next morning

Thank you

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

Hello, Gomo Gomo is in the Timbavati, so i suggest turn left at the T Junction and head to Hoedspruit. from there, stop off and (this is a must) visit Jessica the Hippo. The turn off will be on your right, look out for the sign, Essex, it is some way down a sand road, and well worth it. See my Facebook page for some pictures. Then continue on through the Abel Erasmus Pass, down the hill and at the end of the winding road turn left, you are now on the Panorama Route. Your first stop is Three rondavels, then View point, Then Bourkes Luck potholes, then Gods Window (do the Forest walk - lovely) and then the Pinnacle. Then stay overnight at the Graskop Hotel. Lovely, clean and well priced. Next day, you have an easy drive, you could go via Pilgrims Rest, but i recommend go south down through Sabie and up through the Long Tom Pass for beautiful scenery, and join up with the main road going to Lydenburg.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and safaris

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

Thank you very much for you reply

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,529 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

Hate to contradict a veteran Guide such as Lyn... but Gomo Gomo is in the Klaserie Reserve.. I was just there at a different lodge about 10 days ago (nThambo) and had excellent wildlife viewing.

But maybe more important - you turn right at the T-Junction she mentioned. Turn right, not left.

Everything else.. spot on..

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

Thanks so much Dave, blonde moment there i am afraid... glad we have your keen eyes....

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

It's in the Klaserie but you still use the Timbavati entrance gate, so in a way Dave and Lyn are both right :)

I like Lyn's description and suggestions for the Panorama Route. The only thing I would add, if time allows, is to visit some of the waterfalls such as Berlin Falls, Lisbon Falls, Mac Mac Falls, etc. I agree that Graskop Hotel would be a good overnight stop.

Have fun!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

6. Re: gomo gomo lodge to panorama route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 11:16