We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

Which Hazyview hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
5 posts
Save Topic
Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

Any suggestions for a place to stay in Hazyview in the $90-140/nt range (in Sept) that is close to shops and/or restaurants and in an area that's safe to walk around by myself during the day? Will be solo some days when my companion is working and would like to try to avoid the need for a car. Would Perry's Bridge Hollow work? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

I think the only place to be close to shops, restaurants etc is really only Perry's Bridge Hollow. But even Perry's Bridge as the centre is done in 1 hour (maybe 2)and then.....????

An alternative would be the Numbi Hotel right next to the Rendezvous Centre. Same story. Hazyview is rather small to spend a day walking around.

You should rather think about other solutions like hiring a car, take your companion to where he/she needs to be for work and keep the car. There are lots of other nice places to stay in and around Hazyview.

You should not deprive yourself by staying in such a confined area while there are other things to do such as Panorama Route, God's Window, Bourke's Luck Potholes, three Rondavels, numerous Waterfalls etc etc etc

All this can also be done and booked via one of the tour operators in town, as well as game drives.

By doing so, the accommodation choice is much wider.

Hope this helps

Klaus

-Owner ABANGANE-

Hazyview

Paris, France
Level Contributor
841 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

Abangane is too modest to say so in his post but probably his guest house would be perfect for you. We stayed there last January - it is only about 2 miles out of town on a hillside with wonderful views and a most attractive and unusual garden, part of it being a zen design - just the place to relax if you are on your own. We chose it because it is one of the few places in Hazyview that serves dinner (very good ones on the terrace under the stars) which IMO is a big bonus as Hazyview is not great on restaurants. Another place we like a lot is Blue Jay Lodge,very beautifully designed rooms and a tad nearer the Kruger entrance - both would be within your budget and have websites you can look at - also both places have very friendly and welcoming owners who I am sure would help and give advice on what to do during the day if you are on your own. Nothing is doable in the area without a car and spending the day walking around the town is a no no as the centre is very small, just a cluster of shops and a big supermarket.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

Frenchpoodle

Just to clarify one small point, under TA rules, Klaus (abangane) as the owner of the property is not permitted to self-advertise. Others who have had experience of the property (or whatever) whether it be good or bad - obviously in your case very good - can of course recommend (or otherwise) a property/business etc etc. I am sure that Klaus will be very pleased to receive a recommendation from an obviously satisfied customer.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

We for sure love to hear that our efforts are appreciated! At the end that's what we are in business for. Making guests happy!! and yes, you will say, by doing so, we make some money.

Thanks a lot!

Klaus

Paris, France
Level Contributor
841 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

Somerstal - I don't quite get your drift - I am as aware of TA rules as you are and was in no way suggesting that owners self advertise

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

I dont know what is going on here but TA seems to be messing around with me. Everytime I want to send a message it gives me an error and my IE hangs. Anyone with the same problem??

Nevertheless, I tried to send sommerset the following private message, impossible, so i will post it here as follows:

Hi there sommeset

I am not sure if I am supposed to read something between YOUR lines? Nevertheless you obviously p...ed frenchpoodle off.

With people in here being paranoid about advertising, false reviews, post, comments etc etc I would like to know what you were really trying to tell us and if I should read something between YOUR lines????

Thanks for your soonest reply.

Klaus

-ABANGANE-

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

Oh dear - I was absolutely not trying to upset anyone - quite the opposite. First - Frenchpoodle - if I inadvertently upset you, my sincere apologies. Your comment that 'perhaps Abangane is too modest to suggest his own place would be ideal' (or words very similar as I can't see your post as I type my reply). My only thought was that perhaps you weren't aware that owners couldn't self advertise and I was simply trying to clarify that Klaus was not permitted to suggest his own place.

My comments that recommendations (or otherwise) from 'clients' who have experienced, in this case, obviously the good - were obviously very welcome by the owners, and indeed fellow TA readers who look for recommendations (or in other cases, warnings about other properties which might not be so good).

That was simply it, no hidden meanings or 'agendas'

My sincere apologies again if I have inadvertently offended either of you.

From the comments I have read about Abangane it sounds a lovely place which is very well run - I might even try it myself next visit (if I'm still welcome !!!)

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

For sure you are welcome. I actually was not upset, so not to worry, but appreciated frenchpoodle's reply as there are so many people on here who obviously have got nothing else to do than finding something wrong in each post.

Thanks to you clarifying and thanks to poodle in being devils advocat!

Good night!

Klaus

Paris, France
Level Contributor
841 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

All's well that ends well then!! Apologies accepted.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hazyview accommodation in populated/walkable area

Thank you both for your acceptance of my apologies.

May I finally add that I often see threads where, possibly fairly new comers to TA, say things like, I had a wonderful time at such a place or the service was great - but I can't name the hotel/guest house/restaurant etc because advertising is not allowed on TA. Whilst I do strongly agree that self-advertising should not be allowed, the whole point of TA is to pass on experiences and information to fellow travellers, so if you have a good experience please, please share it with us all.

Get answers to your questions about Hazyview