We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hazyview Family Accommodation

Which Hazyview hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hazyview Family Accommodation

Hi

We are arriving into JNB in the morning on the overnight flight from London and will steadily make our way via the Panoramic Route to a half way point between JNB and Elephant Plains. We thought an overnight in Hazyview would be the best option.

Looking at all the B&B's, quite a few have a "no children under 12/14 rule". We are travelling with two boys aged 14 and 11. Can anyone let me know some good B&B options.

Thanks for your help

Lesley

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hazyview Family Accommodation

I dont think that those stating 12 years and older would have a problem with an 11 and 14 year old. They will just be charged as adult.

I would send enquiries to establishments you are interested in and state the fact. They cant say more than, Sorry but No.

Have a look at www.safarinow.com with the widest variety and then google the establishment and enquire direct.

Also www.travelbook.co.za is a good site that gives you real time availability.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Chevy Chase...
Level Contributor
52 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hazyview Family Accommodation

Check out the Rissington Inn. Their Hillside suites have two bedrooms and a sitting area, which sounds like it might work out well for you.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hazyview Family Accommodation

I highly recommend Abangane Guest Lodge!

www.abangane.com

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Paris, France
Level Contributor
841 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hazyview Family Accommodation

I have also stayed at Abangane Guest House and can highly recommend it, also very much liked Blue Jay Lodge which has a family unit.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
789 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hazyview Family Accommodation

We just came from there including Elephant Plains. Have a look at the Jackalberry farm and lodge. Quite nice, the family cottage is basic and not as upscale as the other rondavels, but was just what we needed. If you have time book the Zip Line in Hazyview (Skyway Trails). My kids loved it.

If you have time on your way in our out check out http://birdsofprey.co.za/ we stoped on our way back to the airport for the afternoon show, the best of its kind I have ever seen. The town just East of there has several great choices for lunch so it makes for a good break in the drive.

6. Re: Hazyview Family Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Hazyview