We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

Which Nelspruit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bath
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

In July six of us, including two children will be arriving in Johannesburg after an overnight flight from the UK,

We will be renting an 8 seater people carrier and driving up to Nelspruit to stay the night and stock up with supplies before entering Kruger next day. I believe that people carriers are the most commonly stolen vehicle in South Africa and we would therefore like advice on where to stay in Nelspruit where the vehicle will be secure overnight.

I have checked out the main main chain hotels in Nelspruit (Protea, Mercure, City Lodge, etc) on Google Earth and the all seem to have fairly exposed parking areas. I have also checked out some of the B&Bs on the outskirts and they look more secure.

Has anybody got a recommendation for somewhere to stay with secure parking in or around Nelspruit - or am I just being too paranoid?

Another question - we will be arriving on a Sunday. Are supermarkets and restaurants generally open on Sundays if we need to get an evening meal?

Thanks in advance.

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

Yes, you are slightly too paranoid.

Supermarkets should be open until 14h00 at least, some might even be open longer.

Some Restaurants close on Sundays but the majority will be open.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

Hello, i have stayed at the Mercure Inn in Nelspruit and it does have secure parking, behind a large gate with security, so you dont have to worry. It is also a good hotel, nothing fancy but adequate. Nice pool.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

Major supermarkets will be open till 500PM. Rather than depend on us for what is - and I agree - an important question, send an email directly to the hotels and ask them specifically about such security measures as a gate that is kept closed except when a vehicle needs to enter or exit. And add, in your question, if they do not have that, what do they have.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

La Villa Vita had locked garage.

Bath
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

Thanks for everybody's answers.

We would prefer a hotel with a restaurant so that we don't have to go out for dinner - there will be two children with us. I will therefore send an e-mail as suggested to the Mercure.

Many thanks again.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

The Villa Vita seems to have those too, www.villavitanelspruit.com/amenities.html

I am considering it for us, because they offer family rooms (two interleading rooms).

Belgium
Level Contributor
316 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

Did stay a couple of times at the Mercure hotel in Nelspruit. Secure parking and many restaurants in the Illanga Mall opposite the hotel. We often make a reservation at Zest restaurant...a very nice place.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 08:00
Belgium
Level Contributor
316 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

Shops in Illanga Mall are open until 3pm on Sundays

http://www.ilangamall.co.za/hours.htm

There is a big Pick n Pay supermarket and many restaurants.

9. Re: Hotel with secure parking in Nelspruit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Nelspruit