We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

Which St Lucia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

Hello,

I'm looking for a nice place to stay in St. Lucia which also be fun for my 10 year old daughter. The mane reason we'll be going to St. Lucia will be the beach.

Also will it be beachweather in july and august?

Kind regards Maria

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

July/August is winter in South Africa, so not ideal beach weather. The North Coast of KZN where St Lucia is situated is semi-tropical so it can still be warm in July (20-25 deg) but it also could be cold - just depends on the weather.

Richards Bay
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

Winter in St. Lucia does not exist. August is notorious to be windy, but that is from past mid day to late afternoon. The days are fairly warm 25C to Hot 32C. Evenings is nice and cool. Since St. Lucia has most of its rain in late summer the winter days are fairly sunny.

Because of the Nature of St. Lucia's town planning over the previous 100 years their is no accommodation on not close to the beaches. Just not close enough to walk. Most self catering units are child friendly. I would strongly recommend Mangoes Guest House.

Cozy log home with pool and just of the main road on the out skirts of town. Secure fence and with walking distance of the main road which is only 800m long. Loads of wild life come out early in the morning and late after noon that can be viewed roaming freely in the streets around this self catering holiday home. (they also do bed & breakfast)

St. Lucia is all about nature and the beaches is not protected and not safe for swimming. Many rip currents all along the beach. This said it is a lovely beach to stroll or just relax in the sun. High dunes and Whales and Dolphins frolicking in the ocean.

Hope this was helpful.

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply and the info. Would July be less windy?

Also I cannot find a mangoes guesthouse, do you perhaps mean the mangos B&B?

I'm also very interested in the Cozy lodge, but cannot find it on the internet. Do you have a link for me?

I think we'll stay in St. Lucia for 2 days and are looking to stay at another place where they have beaches where you can swim. Do you know which beaches have the sharknets and also good weather in july/august?

Thanks again. You're help is very welcome :-)

Regards Maria

Richards Bay
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

yes it is them .. my bad ... it is not the shark nets that is the problem ... you need life guards. Not many shark attacks in those waters. The Closest beach with life guards would be Richards Bay.

That said i would recommend that you you choose your dates around full/new moon. Nice tidal pools at Cape Vidal. Can hop over with your own transport. 38km north of St. Lucia and still stay in St. Lucia. No Lifeguards but nice snorkel area.

July / August .. much the same. August little warmer.

Richards Bay
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

yes i do

http://forafrica.co.za/wp/?p=1390

Richards Bay
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

You can find some information about Cape Vidal here ... http://forafrica.co.za/wp/?s=cape+vidal

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

Hi there,

Thanks again :-)

How would the weather be at Richards Bay?

And could you advise where on the internet I could find Cozy log?

Regards Maria

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

Weather in RB will be the same. Please don't under estimate the size of the waves. My ten year old finds them quite intimidating! Lots of nice beaches on KZN coast. If the beach is your main thing rather than being near to St Lucia then have a look at some of the other places like Umhlanga and Salt Rock.

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

Hello,

Thanks for the links and advice. Our main goal is after and before a very packed roundtrip filled with activities and safari's, just to settle down and relax for a view days.

Things that would be important for us for this would be a good temperature, beach of a swimingpool and some kids to play for my daughter.

Regards Maria

Richards Bay
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice place to stay with child nearby beach in St. Lucia

down the road from this establishment is a water slide. Nothing big ... but many kids hang out there. I think you will love the beach at Cape Vidal ... worth a visit.