We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in the St Lucia area.

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling in the St Lucia area.

We will be visiting St Lucia this December and would like to go for a 'snortle' - can anyone advise us of places to go to.

I also dive and would be interested in having a day or two out.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling in the St Lucia area.

You can do this i. Sodwana bay. A lottle bit more up North.

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in the St Lucia area.

Thanks for your reply - I thought that Sodwana bay was good for diving - can my wife snorkel from the beach or would she need to go on a diving trip with me?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling in the St Lucia area.

Hello and for snorkelling Cape Vidal is good. Its a beach reserve set in the Isimangaliso wetlands world heritage site and aprox three quarters of an hour from St Lucia. Its a lovely spot! Sodwana has some of the best diving in the world so I am told by divers. Depending on your budget take a look at Thonga Beach Lodge. They offer diving and a lot of other activities from their secluded luxury beach camp. Otherwise Sodwana Bay itself has a few options of accommodation and diving companies.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

4. Re: Snorkeling in the St Lucia area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:20