We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 wks in SA in Jan. 2014

OHIO
Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
3 wks in SA in Jan. 2014

Coming to joburg for 3 wks in jan., 2014. Most of our time will be in the city, with a week in sun city. Most important is showing our children the " true" South Africa. My husband is South African, I am american.... Prior to kids, we had been home 4 times.... But have not traveled back for the past 6 yrs due to cost etc. kids are 6/3. I can't find any kind of game drive for kids that age and really would like them to experience SA in all her glory. SA became my adopted country when I married my husband and got to know her... I want this trip to ingrain my kids SA heritage 100%.. All ideas are welcome.... Any animal experiences would be great, I know sun city is touristy but it is free time share and it gets us close to pilanesberg national park.... Close to joburg and Marlaria free! Ranger school.... Any ideas would be so appreciated!

Thanks, beagle09

Moruleng Cultural Precinct
Historic Walking Areas, Natural History Museums, Speciality Museums
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 wks in SA in Jan. 2014

Why do you not do the self drive through Pilanesberg. Then you can stay as long as you want and also can take snacks with you. There is an supermarket Spar just outside Sun City. I will just rent a car that is a bit bigger and higher so that you will be able to see the animals. Very easy to do the self drive.

OHIO
Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 wks in SA in Jan. 2014

Thanks for all the info ... Headed out soon and can hardly stand the wait!

13. Re: 3 wks in SA in Jan. 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Pilanesberg National...