We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riebeek Kasteel or Darling?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
530 reviews
Save Topic
Riebeek Kasteel or Darling?

Only 9 weeks to go!! Not that I am counting.

On our way from Clanwilliam to Cape Town, I was originally thinking of stopping off at Darling for a spot of wine tasting and a stroll around.

However, I have now read good things about Riebeek Kasteel, especially places to go for lunch. Also lots of wineries in the area (have been to Kloovenburg and loved their wines and olive beauty products) and olives.

Now in a dilemma which to go for. I am leaning towards Riebeek Kasteel.

Any lunch or winery recommendations greatly received, or should I stick to my original plan and go to Darlibg?

Thanks

Lisa

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riebeek Kasteel or Darling?

Hi Lisa,

We had lunch in Riebeek Wes on the way to Clanwilliam last year, had a great lunch but not sure of the name. Very pretty area, cetainly worth a visit.. When we left Paternoster we had lunch at 'Cafe Felix', the restaurant linked with Old Oak Manor at Riebeek Kastell. The food was superb, very busy, with lots of regulars. It's certainly a very lovely area to visit.

Some friends have just book to stay with Arnold , end of Jan, very jealous! We haven't time to visit when we go again in 15 weeks but maybe the year after...........

Have a great trip.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riebeek Kasteel or Darling?

Hi Lucyjames

Definitely decided to do Riebeek. Mainly because my friend wants some Kloovenburg goodies. Looking forward to my 3 nights in Paternoster in November..Not too long until your trip

PS. was in Ilkley a couple of weeks ago!

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riebeek Kasteel or Darling?

Riebeek Area is very pretty, certainly worth a visit, especially if you haven't been before.

4. Re: Riebeek Kasteel or Darling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 06:17