We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 62 or coast road

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Route 62 or coast road

Hi we are planning our trip from Hermanus either up 62 to stop at Oudtshoorn ( 1 night) and then on to Plettenberg or to travel along the coast to Wilderness and then on to Plettenberg. What would you advise? Thanks!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route 62 or coast road

Hi there

I would suggest to drive from Hermanus up to R62 and then to Oudtshoorn including and overnight in this town. Then from there you make your way to Plettenberg Bay. More scenic and a much easier drive.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Edited: 20 March 2012, 06:09
Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Route 62 or coast road

I like both routes & find it hard to choose but biased towards the coastal route from June - Dec. Note the coastal route I think you will find you can only get as far as Witsand then you will have to get on the N2 from here you do not see any coast line until Mossel Bay but there is an access road off the N2 (maybe gravel) to Still Bay.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route 62 or coast road

Thanks for the input! I think in the end I will go with route 62 as it my only real detour away from the coast.

Cheers

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route 62 or coast road

Hi there

Enjoy the drive and take loads of pictures.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Route 62 or coast road

Route 62 is much more interesting than the N2. The small towns of Montagu, Barrydale, Ladismith & Calitzdorp are absolutely charming & don't forget to stop for a drink at "Ronnie's Sex Shop". It's not what it sounds.

6. Re: Route 62 or coast road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:17